Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) CERTIFICATE OF CANCELLATION. A foreign LLC may cancel its certificate of authority by filing a certificate of cancellation of certificate of authority with the secretary of state accompanied by a tax clearance for termination or withdrawal relative to such foreign LLC. The certificate of cancellation of certificate of authority shall set forth:
(1) The current name of the foreign LLC, and, if different, the name under which it transacts business in this state;
(2) The name of the jurisdiction under the laws of which it is formed;
(3) That it is not transacting business in this state, and that it surrenders its authority to transact business in this state;
(4) That it either continues its registered agent in this state, or revokes the authority of the registered agent to accept service on its behalf, and appoints the secretary of state as its agent for service of process in any proceeding based on a cause of action arising during the time it was authorized to transact business in this state;
(5) A mailing address to which the secretary of state may mail a copy of any process served on the secretary of state under subdivision (a)(4); and
(6) A commitment to notify the secretary of state in the future of any change in the mailing address set forth under subdivision (a)(5).
(b) SERVICE AFTER CANCELLATION. After cancellation of the certificate of authority of the foreign LLC, service of process on the secretary of state, or the continued registered agent under this section, is service on the foreign LLC. Upon receipt of process, the secretary of state shall comply with § 48-249-113; provided, however, that the mailing address set forth under subdivision (a)(5), as it may be changed under subdivision (a)(6), shall be deemed to be the principal executive office of the foreign LLC for purposes of the compliance with § 48-249-113 by the secretary of state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 48. Corporations and Associations § 48-249-907 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-48-corporations-and-associations/tn-code-sect-48-249-907/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.