Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) INITIAL FINANCING STATEMENT IN LIEU OF CONTINUATION STATEMENT. The filing of an initial financing statement in the office specified in § 47-9-501 continues the effectiveness of a financing statement filed before July 1, 2001, if:
(1) the filing of an initial financing statement in that office would be effective to perfect a security interest under this act;
(2) the pre-effective-date financing statement was filed in an office in another state or another office in this state; and
(3) the initial financing statement satisfies subsection (c).
(b) PERIOD OF CONTINUED EFFECTIVENESS. The filing of an initial financing statement under subsection (a) continues the effectiveness of the pre-effective-date financing statement:
(1) if the initial financing statement is filed before July 1, 2001, for the period provided in former § 47-9-403 with respect to a financing statement; and
(2) if the initial financing statement is filed after July 1, 2001, for the period provided in § 47-9-515 with respect to an initial financing statement.
(c) REQUIREMENTS FOR INITIAL FINANCING STATEMENT UNDER SUBSECTION (a). To be effective for purposes of subsection (a), an initial financing statement must:
(1) satisfy the requirements of Part 5 for an initial financing statement;
(2) identify the pre-effective-date financing statement by indicating the office in which the financing statement was filed and providing the dates of filing and file numbers, if any, of the financing statement and of the most recent continuation statement filed with respect to the financing statement; and
(3) indicate that the pre-effective-date financing statement remains effective.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 47. Commercial Instruments and Transactions § 47-9-706 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-47-commercial-instruments-and-transactions/tn-code-sect-47-9-706/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.