Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
It is a Class B misdemeanor for any director of an association to concur in any vote or act of the directors of the association if the director knows or has reason to know that the vote or act is intended to:
(1) Place the association in an impaired condition;
(2) Cause the association to pay dividends on its outstanding capital stock in violation of law;
(3) Cause a reduction of the capital stock of an association in violation of law;
(4) Cause the association to receive or discount any note or other evidence of debt in payment of capital stock required to be paid; or
(5) Apply any of the funds of the association, except as permitted by law, directly or indirectly, to the purchase of shares of its own capital stock.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 45. Banks and Financial Institutions § 45-3-1309 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-45-banks-and-financial-institutions/tn-code-sect-45-3-1309/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.