Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to those otherwise provided by law, the department of correction has the following powers, duties and responsibilities:
(1) Administer this chapter within the goals and mandates of this chapter;
(2) Conduct statewide public education concerning the purposes and goals of this chapter and make a report to the criminal justice committee of the house of representatives, judiciary committee of the senate, and fiscal review committee regarding the effectiveness of diversion of offenders from state correctional institutions;
(3) Provide technical assistance and training to local governments, private agencies and local community corrections advisory boards regarding community corrections and this chapter;
(4) Facilitate the development of local community corrections plans;
(5) Develop minimum standards, policies and administrative rules in accordance with the requirements of the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in title 4, chapter 5, for the statewide implementation of this chapter;
(6) Develop and implement an application process and procedures;
(7) Review community corrections plans and provide grant funding; and
(8) Conduct an annual program evaluation of all programs once per year or as often as needed to ensure program accountability.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 40. Criminal Procedure § 40-36-105 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-40-criminal-procedure/tn-code-sect-40-36-105/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.