Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) There is created a procurement commission, which shall consist of the commissioners of general services and finance and administration, and the comptroller of the treasury. The chief procurement officer shall serve as a nonvoting member.
(2) The commission shall adopt a procedure governing its proceedings, and the chief procurement officer shall keep a permanent and accurate record of all of its proceedings.
(3) All departments and agencies shall submit existing rules related to procurement to the commission for the commission's review, comment, and recommendations for any changes to such rules. Prior to forwarding draft rules related to procurement to the secretary of state, all departments shall submit such draft rules to the commission for the commission's review and comment together with any recommendations for changes to such draft rules.
(4) The attorney general and reporter shall serve as legal counsel to the commission in accordance with the requirements of § 8-6-301.
(b)(1) The commission has the power and authority, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, to review, comment, and approve draft rules and regulations, policies, standards, and procedures to be followed consistent with this chapter and title 12, chapters 3 and 4, and to make recommendations for changes thereto, governing the procurement of goods and services, contracting, agency contract and grant management, training and professional development, and the disposal of goods and services by the state.
(2) The commission is authorized to promulgate necessary rules and regulations in accordance with the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in chapter 5 of this title, as well as policies and procedures to implement this chapter.
(3) The commission shall not exercise authority over the award or administration of any particular contract or grant.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 4. State Government § 4-56-102 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-4-state-government/tn-code-sect-4-56-102/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.