Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The commissioner has the duty and responsibility to:
(1) Promulgate rules and regulations to carry out the commissioner's responsibilities under this part;
(2) Review and approve plans of operation submitted in accordance with § 37-5-310, with the concurrence of the comptroller of the treasury;
(3) Enter into such contracts, subject to applicable rules and regulations and procedures, as necessary to carry out this part;
(4) Appoint an executive director for each agency with such appointment subject to the approval of the agency board. Nothing in this subdivision (a)(4) shall prohibit a board from submitting recommendations to the commissioner for the appointment of an executive director;
(5) Require each agency to submit annual reports on each preceding fiscal year to reflect the nature and extent of all financial transactions and to assure financial integrity; and
(6) Perform other acts necessary or convenient to exercise the powers granted or reasonably implied in this part.
(b) All rules concerning community service agencies promulgated by the commissioner of children's services prior to July 1, 2005, and in effect on March 12, 2014, shall remain in full force and effect and shall be administered by the department of finance and administration until duly amended, repealed, expired, modified or suspended.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 37. Juveniles § 37-5-307 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-37-juveniles/tn-code-sect-37-5-307/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.