Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in parts 20-29 of this chapter, this part applies to all proceedings under parts 20-29 of this chapter.
(b) Parts 20-29 of this chapter provide for the following proceedings:
(1) Establishment of an order for spousal support or child support pursuant to part 24 of this chapter;
(2) Enforcement of a support order and income-withholding order of another state without registration pursuant to part 25 of this chapter;
(3) Registration of an order for spousal support or child support of another state for enforcement pursuant to part 26 of this chapter;
(4) Modification of an order for child support or spousal support issued by a tribunal of this state pursuant to part 22, subpart B of this chapter;
(5) Registration of an order for child support of another state for modification pursuant to part 26 of this chapter;
(6) Determination of parentage pursuant to part 27 of this chapter; and
(7) Assertion of jurisdiction over nonresidents pursuant to part 22, subpart A of this chapter.
(c) An individual petitioner or a support enforcement agency may commence a proceeding authorized under parts 20-29 of this chapter by filing a petition in an initiating tribunal for forwarding to a responding tribunal or by filing a petition or a comparable pleading directly in a tribunal of another state which has or can obtain personal jurisdiction over the respondent.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 36. Domestic Relations § 36-5-2301 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-36-domestic-relations/tn-code-sect-36-5-2301/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.