(a) The board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Administer and enforce the provisions of this chapter;
(2) Issue and renew licenses to home inspectors and associate home inspectors pursuant
to the provisions of this chapter;
(3) Suspend, revoke, or fail to renew the license of a home inspector;
(4) Sanction or administer qualifying examinations for home inspector and associate
home inspector applicants, and establish competency requirements;
(5) Establish standards for the continuing education of home inspectors;
(6) Adopt and publish a code of ethics and standards of practice for licensed home
inspectors and associate home inspectors;
(7) Prescribe or change the charges for examinations and other services performed;
(8) Adopt rules and regulations pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act, chapter
35 of title 42, necessary to effectuate the purposes of this chapter; and
(9) Hear contested claims or cases; contested enforcement proceedings; and contested
administrative fines in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act and, the
administrative regulations promulgated by the board.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.