(a) No person shall make a delivery sale of cigarettes to any individual who is under
the legal minimum purchase age in the state.
(b) Each person accepting a purchase order for a delivery sale shall comply with:
(1) The age verification requirements set forth in § 44-20.1-3;
(2) The disclosure requirements set forth in § 44-20.1-4;
(3) The shipping requirements set forth in § 44-20.1-5;
(4) The registration and reporting requirements set forth in § 44-20.1-6;
(5) The tax collection requirements set forth in § 44-20.1-7; and
(6) All other laws of the state generally applicable to sales of cigarettes that occur
entirely within the state, including, but not limited to, those laws imposing: (i)
excise taxes; (ii) sales taxes; (iii) license and revenue-stamping requirements;
and (iv) escrow payment obligations as set forth in § 23-71-3.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.