The commission shall be appointed in the following manner:
(1) The governor shall appoint twelve (12) members for three (3) year terms on a staggered
basis with four (4) appointed each year. Terms shall be effective July 1;
(2) The president of the senate shall appoint three (3) senators, not more than two
(2) from the same political party;
(3) The speaker of the house shall appoint three (3) representatives, not more than
two (2) from the same political party;
(4) Consistent with the purpose, the commission shall designate eight (8) state department
directors who shall each appoint one commissioner for a three (3) year term on a staggered
basis effective July 1;
(5) Reappointments can be made and any vacancies shall be filled consistent with initial
appointments. All appointees shall have a commitment to working with issues relating to women.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.