Rhode Island General Laws Title 39. Public Utilities and Carriers § 39-12-3. Exemption from regulations
Search Rhode Island General Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
There shall be exempted from the provisions of this chapter:
(1) Motor vehicles while engaged exclusively in the delivery of United States mail;
(2) Motor vehicles owned and operated by the government of the United States;
(3) Motor vehicles owned and operated by a cooperative group and used exclusively for the transportation of the property of the cooperative group or its members;
(4) Motor vehicles used exclusively in the transportation of agricultural commodities or horticultural commodities or products from a farm, or farm supplies to a farm;
(5) Motor vehicles engaged in the plowing or removal of snow from the publicly used highways within this state;
(6) Motor vehicles engaged in the transportation of garbage, ashes, and debris removed from private dwellings, commercial, and industrial establishments;
(7) Motor vehicles engaged exclusively in transporting newspapers.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Rhode Island General Laws Title 39. Public Utilities and Carriers § 39-12-3. Exemption from regulations - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ri/title-39-public-utilities-and-carriers/ri-gen-laws-sect-39-12-3/
Was this helpful?