Rhode Island General Laws Title 23. Health and Safety § 23-6.4-1. Definitions
Search Rhode Island General Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Administer” means the direct application of an epinephrine auto-injector to the body of an individual.
(2) “Authorized entity” means any entity or organization at, or in connection with, where allergens capable of causing anaphylaxis may be present, as identified by the department of health. The department shall, through rule or other guidance, identify the types of entities and organizations that are considered authorized entities no later than January 1, 2015, and shall review and update such rule or guidance at least annually thereafter.
(3) “Authorized health care provider” means a physician, nurse, or other person duly authorized by law, in the state in which they practice, to prescribe drugs.
(4) “Epinephrine auto-injector” means a single-use device used for the automatic injection of a premeasured dose of epinephrine into the human body.
(5) “Provide” means the supplying of one or more epinephrine auto-injectors to an individual.
(6) “Self-administration” means a person's discretionary use of an epinephrine auto-injector.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Rhode Island General Laws Title 23. Health and Safety § 23-6.4-1. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ri/title-23-health-and-safety/ri-gen-laws-sect-23-6-4-1/
Was this helpful?