Rhode Island General Laws Title 23. Health and Safety § 23-25.2-2. Definitions
Search Rhode Island General Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
For the purposes of this chapter, the following words and terms have the following meanings:
(1) “Board” means the pesticide relief advisory board.
(2) “Contaminated domestic water supply” means the primary source of drinking and household water for a residence when the primary source fails to meet generally accepted drinking water standards due to pesticide contamination or when the department of health has certified it as undrinkable due to pesticide contamination.
(3) “Director” means the director of the department of environmental management.
(4) “Fund” means the pesticide relief fund.
(5) “Integrated pest management” (“IPM”) refers to a method of pest control that uses a systems approach to reduce pest damage to tolerable levels through a variety of techniques, including natural predators and parasites, genetically resistant hosts, environmental modifications and, when necessary and appropriate, chemical pesticides. IPM strategies rely upon non-chemical defenses first and chemical pesticides second.
(6) “Multiple contaminated domestic water supply” means a number of contaminated domestic water supplies in close proximity to each other.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Rhode Island General Laws Title 23. Health and Safety § 23-25.2-2. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ri/title-23-health-and-safety/ri-gen-laws-sect-23-25-2-2/
Was this helpful?