It shall be a violation of this act for any lessor supplier, directly or indirectly,
through any officer, agent or employee to engage in the following practices:
(1) To require a lessee dealer at the time of entering into an agreement to assent
to a release, assignment, novation, waiver or estoppel which would relieve any person
from liability imposed by this act.
(2) To prohibit, directly or indirectly, the right of free association among lessee
dealers for any lawful purpose.
(3) To prohibit the transfer by will of the gasoline service station business and
the right of the lessee dealer under the agreement to a spouse, child or children.
(4) To require a lessee dealer to accept a lease for the premises of a term less than
(5) To provide any term or condition in any lease or other agreement which term or
condition directly or indirectly violates this act.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.