Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Money over and above capital, other than the unearned premium reserve, may be invested in the following classes of investments:
(1) Any of the classes of investment authorized in section 732 of this article. 1
(2) Corporate Stock or Shares. Stock or shares of any solvent corporation, incorporated under the laws of the United States or any state, district or territory thereof, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or of the Dominion of Canada or any province thereof, including the stock of another title insurance company.
(3) Corporate Obligations. Bonds, notes or obligations issued, assumed or guaranteed by any solvent corporation or business trust, incorporated or existing under the laws of the United States or any state, district or territory thereof, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or of the Dominion of Canada or any province thereof.
(4) Canadian Governmental Subdivision Obligations. Valid and legally authorized bonds, notes or obligations issued, assumed or guaranteed by any province, county, city, town, village, municipality or political subdivision of the Dominion of Canada.
(5) Other Loans or Investments. Loans or investments not qualifying or permitted under the preceding subsections of this section, to an amount not exceeding five per cent of such company's admitted assets.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 40 P.S. Insurance § 910-33. Surplus - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-40-ps-insurance/pa-st-sect-40-910-33/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.