Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The General Assembly finds and declares as follows:
(1) There is an urgent need for development of port facilities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
(2) There is an urgent need for development of port facilities in southern New Jersey.
(3) Such development can best be undertaken by the Delaware River Port Authority.
(4) It will be of mutual advantage to the State of New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that the Delaware River Port Authority proceed with these projects for the improvement and development of the port district for port purposes.
(5) It would be advantageous to such port development for the Delaware River Port Authority to create, acquire, construct and operate an International Trade Center in Camden, New Jersey, a Regional Intermodal Transfer Facility in the southeastern portion of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and a Regional Port Enhancement and Development Project.
(6) Article XII of the Compact between the States creating the Delaware River Port Authority provides that it shall not be within the power of the Authority to undertake such projects unless and until the Legislatures of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey shall have authorized the commission to so proceed.
(7) The Delaware River Port Authority, pursuant to Article XII of the Compact between the States, has requested of the Legislatures the authority to proceed with the development of an International Trade Center in Camden, New Jersey, and requested authority to proceed with the development of a Regional Intermodal Transfer Facility in the southeastern portion of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and requested authority to undertake a Regional Port Enhancement and Development Project for the Port District.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 36 P.S. Highways and Bridges § 3503.1. Legislative findings - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-36-ps-highways-and-bridges/pa-st-sect-36-3503-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.