Skip to main content

Pennsylvania Statutes Title 35 P.S. Health and Safety § 6024.703. Restraining violations

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Injunctions.--In addition to any other remedies available to the department, the department may institute a suit in equity in the name of the Commonwealth where unlawful conduct exists for an injunction to restrain a violation of this act or any order issued pursuant thereto.  The Commonwealth shall not be required to furnish bond or other security in connection with such proceedings.  In addition to an injunction, the court, in the equity proceedings, may levy civil penalties as specified in section 704.

(b) Jurisdiction.--In addition to any other remedies provided for in this act, upon relation of any district attorney of any county affected or upon relation of the solicitor of any county or municipality affected, an action in equity may be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction for an injunction to restrain any and all violations of this act or the regulations promulgated pursuant thereto.

(c) Concurrent remedies.--The penalties and remedies prescribed by this act shall be deemed concurrent, and the existence of or exercise of any remedy shall not prevent the department from exercising any other remedy hereunder, at law or in equity.

(d) Venue.--Actions instituted under this section may be filed in the appropriate court of common pleas or in the Commonwealth Court, which courts are hereby granted jurisdiction to hear these actions.

Cite this article: - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 35 P.S. Health and Safety § 6024.703. Restraining violations - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard