Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in subsection (b), no certificate of title shall be required for:
(1) A boat which is not required to be registered under Subchapter A (relating to registration).
(2) A new boat which is owned by a manufacturer or registered boat dealer before and until sale.
(3) A boat owned on the effective date of this subchapter, until the boat is sold or otherwise transferred to another owner.
(4) A boat with a model year before 1997.
(5) An outboard powered motorboat of less than 14 feet in length.
(b) Limitations.--The exemptions set forth in subsection (a) shall not apply to any boat previously titled in Pennsylvania or any other state, provided that the owner of a boat titled in another state shall not be required to obtain a Pennsylvania title for such boat until it is registered in Pennsylvania or until its ownership is transferred to another person.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 30 Pa.C.S.A. Fish § 5322. When certificate of title not required - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-30-pacsa-fish/pa-csa-sect-30-5322/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.