Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The commission shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Advise on the expansion of economic development opportunities and defense-related industry organizations in public or private sectors in this Commonwealth.
(2) Establish a viable and long-term relationship with each military installation, organization and defense-related organization in this Commonwealth.
(3) Closely monitor the activities at the Federal level relating to any initiative or proposal that will affect, either positively or negatively, any military installation or organization or defense-related organization in this Commonwealth.
(4) Educate and engage stakeholders at the Federal, State and local levels and in the public and private sectors on the enhancement and preservation of the military installations and organizations and defense-related organizations in this Commonwealth.
(5) Advocate at the Federal, State and local levels for the enhancement of the military installations and organizations and defense-related organizations in this Commonwealth in order to fully support our nation's military at home and abroad.
(6) Identify, in coordination with the department, sources of funding for economic development projects, including projects under this title, 64 Pa.C.S. (relating to public authorities and quasi-public corporations) or projects under the act of February 9, 1999 (P.L. 1, No. 1), 1 known as the Capital Facilities Debt Enabling Act, related to military installations and defense-related organizations and for the enhancement of military installations or defense-related organizations in this Commonwealth.
(7) Estimate an annual budget for the commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 12 Pa.C.S.A. Commerce and Trade § 403. Powers and duties - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-12-pacsa-commerce-and-trade/pa-csa-sect-12-403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.