Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General rule.--The board of health shall prevent or diminish the introduction or further spread of infectious or contagious diseases and otherwise to protect and increase the public health by:
(1) regulating access to places of infection or contagion;
(2) isolating carriers of infection or contagion or individuals who have been exposed to any infectious or contagious disease;
(3) abating or removing all nuisances which the board deems prejudicial to the public health; and
(4) enforcing vaccination laws.
(5) promulgating regulations, as it deems proper, for the preservation or improvement of public health, consistent with this chapter and the laws of this Commonwealth.
(b) Enforcement.--In carrying out its duties under this chapter, the board of health shall, if authorized, enforce the laws of this Commonwealth that are relevant to and relate to its duties.
(c) Transmittal of information.--The board of health shall transmit to the Department of Health all of its reports and publications and other information regarding public health in the city as may be requested or required by the department.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 11 Pa.C.S.A. Cities § 12307. Duties of board of health - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-11-pacsa-cities/pa-csa-sect-11-12307/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.