Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The Board of Athletic Trainers shall:
(1) Advise the Health Licensing Office about the adoption of rules necessary for the administration of ORS 688.701 to 688.734.
(2) Determine training and education requirements for registration as described in ORS 688.720.
(3) Determine qualifications and documentation required for registrations, permits, temporary registrations and waivers.
(4) Determine requirements for reciprocity and equivalency for the practice of athletic training.
(5) Establish a code of professional responsibility and standards of practice for registered athletic trainers.
(6) Develop, approve or recognize a written examination to test an applicant's knowledge of the basic and clinical sciences relating to athletic training techniques and methods and any other subjects the board may determine to be necessary to assess an applicant's fitness to practice athletic training.
(7) Establish standards for acceptable performance, including but not limited to a passing score on the approved or recognized competency examination.
(8) Establish policies and criteria for the assessment of the quality of the practice of athletic trainers.
(9) Adopt rules that include provisions describing procedures, when appropriate, for collaboration between athletic trainers and physicians licensed pursuant to ORS chapter 677.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Occupations and Professions § 688.709 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-52-occupations-and-professions/or-rev-st-sect-688-709/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?