Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in ORS 677.495 to 677.535, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Physician assistant” means a person who is licensed in accordance with ORS 677.505 to 677.525.
(2) “Practice agreement” means a written agreement between a physician assistant and a supervising physician or supervising physician organization that describes the manner in which the services of the physician assistant will be used.
(3) “Supervising physician” means a physician licensed to practice medicine under this chapter who supervises a physician assistant.
(4) “Supervising physician organization” means a group of supervising physicians that collectively supervises a physician assistant.
(5) “Supervision” means the acts of overseeing and accepting responsibility for the medical services provided by a physician assistant in accordance with a practice agreement, including regular and routine oversight and chart review.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Occupations and Professions § 677.495 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-52-occupations-and-professions/or-rev-st-sect-677-495/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?