Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) If any employer liable for the payment of premiums, fees and assessments to the Industrial Accident Fund is placed in default as provided by ORS 656.560, the amount due the fund, including interest and penalty, is a lien in favor of the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation upon all property, whether real or personal, belonging to such employer.
(2) The lien attaches upon the filing of a notice of claim of lien with the county clerk of the county in which the property is located. The notice of lien claim shall contain a true statement of the demand, after deducting all just credits and offsets, and the default of such employer. The county clerk shall record the claim of lien in the County Clerk Lien Record and shall receive the fee provided in ORS 205.320.
(3) The employer against whose property the lien has been filed may cause the property to be released by filing with the county clerk of the county wherein the lien is recorded a bond in a sum double the amount claimed in the lien, executed by a surety company licensed to do business in Oregon or by two freeholders of this state, having the qualifications of bail upon arrest, to be approved by the circuit judge of the district in which the lien is filed, or in the event of absence from the county in which the lien is filed, then by the county judge of said county, running to the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation and conditioned for the payment of all damages, costs, charges and disbursements that may be recovered by the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation against the employer or that may be found to be a lien upon or against the property of such employer. The clerk shall record evidence that the bond is substituted in lieu of the property of the employer and that the lien on the property is forever released and discharged. If the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation establishes the validity of its lien by a suit to foreclose the lien, it shall be entitled to judgment against the sureties upon the bond.
(4) The lien created by this section may be foreclosed by a suit in the circuit court in the manner provided by law for the foreclosure of other liens on real or personal property. Unless a suit is instituted by the State Accident Insurance Fund Corporation to foreclose such lien within two years from the date of filing, the lien shall expire.
(5) The lien created by this section is prior to all liens and encumbrances recorded subsequent to the filing of notice of claim of lien, except taxes and labor liens.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Labor and Employment; Unlawful Discrimination § 656.566 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-51-labor-and-employment-unlawful-discrimination/or-rev-st-sect-656-566/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?