Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this section and ORS 646A.295:
(1) “Automatic renewal” means a plan or arrangement in which a paid subscription or purchasing agreement is automatically renewed at the end of a definite term for a subsequent term.
(2) “Clear and conspicuous” means in larger type than the surrounding text, or in contrasting type, font or color to the surrounding text of the same size, or set off from the surrounding text of the same size by symbols or other marks, in a manner that clearly calls attention to the language. In the case of an audio disclosure, “clear and conspicuous” means in a volume and cadence sufficient to be readily audible and understandable.
(3) “Consumer” means any individual who seeks or acquires, by purchase or lease, any goods, services, money or credit for personal, family or household purposes.
(4) “Continuous service” means a plan or arrangement in which a paid subscription or purchasing agreement continues until the consumer cancels the service.
(5) “Offer terms” means the following clear and conspicuous disclosures:
(a) That the subscription or purchasing agreement will continue until the consumer cancels.
(b) The description of the cancellation policy that applies to the offer.
(c) The recurring charges that will be charged to the consumer's credit or debit card or payment account with a third party as part of the automatic renewal or continuous service plan or arrangement, and, if the amount of the charge will change, the amount to which the charge will change, if known.
(d) The length of the automatic renewal term or that the service is continuous, unless the length of the term is chosen by the consumer.
(e) The minimum purchase obligation, if any.
(6) “Person” has the meaning given that term in ORS 646.605.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Trade Regulations and Practices § 646A.293 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-50-trade-regulations-and-practices/or-rev-st-sect-646a-293/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?