Skip to main content

Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 553.640

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) The board may sell from time to time the bonds which have been authorized by the electors and in such quantities as may be necessary and most advantageous. Before making any sale the board shall, at a meeting, by resolution, declare its intention to sell a specified amount of bonds, and the day, hour and place of such sale, and shall cause the resolution to be entered on the minutes. Notice of sale shall be given by publication. The notice shall state that sealed proposals will be received by the board at its office for the purchase of the bonds until the day and hour named in the resolution. At the time appointed, the board shall open the proposals and may reject any or all bids. After offering the bonds for sale, as above provided, if no satisfactory bid is received, the board may use the bonds for any purpose for which the proceeds from the sale of bonds may be used, but the board shall in no event sell or dispose of any bonds for less than 90 percent of their face value.

(2) The board may by resolution entered on its records cancel any bonds which may have been voted or issued which have not been sold or deposited as security for funds advanced or to be advanced, and which the state, United States or any person has no claim to or equity in. After such cancellation, the bonds shall not be sold or otherwise disposed of; they shall be invalid and of no effect; and the board may not replace them without authorization of the electors.

Cite this article: - Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 553.640 - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard