Skip to main content

Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 548.115

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) Any qualified elector of an irrigation district or drainage district, within 30 days after the entry of any order or the performance of any act mentioned in ORS 548.105, for which a contest is by that section provided, may bring a like proceeding in the circuit court of the county where the lands embraced within such district, or the majority thereof, are situated, to determine the validity of such order or act. In such proceedings the board of directors shall be made parties defendant.

(2) Service of summons shall be made on the members of the board personally if within the county where the district, or any part thereof is situated. As to any directors not within the county, service may be had by publication of summons for a like time, and in like manner, as is provided by ORS 548.110. Service shall be deemed complete within 10 days from the date of personal service, or within 10 days from the date of completion of publication, as the case may be.

(3) The proceedings shall be tried and determined in the same manner as proceedings brought by the irrigation district or drainage district itself.

(4) No contest of any proceeding, matter or thing provided by ORS 548.105 to be had or done by the board of directors or supervisors or by the district, or by the county court, or by any qualified elector of the district, shall be had or maintained at any time or in any matter except as provided in ORS 548.105 to 548.115.

Cite this article: - Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 548.115 - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard