Skip to main content

Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 543.430

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The Attorney General shall, upon request of the Water Resources Commission, institute proceedings in the circuit court for the county in which any project, or the major part of a project is situated, after the project has been completed, for the purpose of revoking for violation of its terms any license issued under ORS 543.010 to 543.610, or for the purpose of correcting or remedying by injunction, mandamus or other appropriate writ or decree, any act by the licensee in violation of the terms of those sections, or of any rule or order of the commission. The court shall have jurisdiction of the proceedings and may issue and execute all necessary process to compel compliance with the terms of any license, the terms of ORS 543.010 to 543.610, the lawful orders and rules of the commission. If a decree revoking a license is entered, the court may sell the whole, or any part, of a project under the license; wind up the business of the licensee conducted in connection with the project; distribute the proceeds to the parties equitably entitled thereto; and make and enforce such further orders and decrees as equity and justice may require. At any such sale the purchaser shall take the rights and privileges belonging to the licensee and shall perform all the duties of the licensee under the license. The remedies provided by this section are in addition to the remedies otherwise provided by ORS 543.010 to 543.610.

Cite this article: - Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 543.430 - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard