Skip to main content

Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 539.120

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The Water Resources Director, or a qualified assistant, shall proceed at the time specified in the notice to the parties on the stream given as provided in ORS 539.030, to make an examination of the stream and the works diverting water therefrom used in connection with water rights subject to this chapter, for which a registration statement has been filed as provided in ORS 539.240. The examination shall include the measurement of the discharge of the stream and of the capacity of the various diversion and distribution works, and an examination and approximate measurement of the lands irrigated from the various diversion and distribution works. The director shall take such other steps and gather such other data and information as may be essential to the proper understanding of the relative rights of the parties interested. The observations and measurements shall be made a matter of record in the Water Resources Department. The department shall make or have made a map or plat on a scale of not less than one inch to the mile, showing with substantial accuracy the course of the stream, the location of each diversion point and each ditch, canal, pipeline or other means of conveying the water to the place of use, and the location of lands irrigated, or in connection with which the water is otherwise used, within each legal subdivision.

Cite this article: - Oregon Revised Statutes Water Resources: Irrigation, Drainage, Flood Control, Reclamation § 539.120 - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard