Oregon Revised Statutes Forestry and Forest Products § 527.630
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Forests make a vital contribution to Oregon by providing jobs, products, tax base and other social and economic benefits, by helping to maintain forest tree species, soil, air and water resources and by providing a habitat for wildlife and aquatic life. Therefore, it is declared to be the public policy of the State of Oregon to encourage economically efficient forest practices that ensure the continuous growing and harvesting of forest tree species and the maintenance of forestland for such purposes as the leading use on privately owned land, consistent with sound management of soil, air, water, fish and wildlife resources and scenic resources within visually sensitive corridors as provided in ORS 527.755 and to ensure the continuous benefits of those resources for future generations of Oregonians.
(2) It is recognized that operations on forestland are already subject to other laws and to regulations of other agencies which deal primarily with consequences of such operations rather than the manner in which operations are conducted. It is further recognized that it is essential to avoid uncertainty and confusion in enforcement and implementation of such laws and regulations and in planning and carrying out operations on forestlands.
(3) To encourage forest practices implementing the policy of ORS 527.610 to 527.770 and 527.990 and 527.992, it is declared to be in the public interest to vest in the State Board of Forestry exclusive authority to develop and enforce statewide and regional rules pursuant to ORS 527.710 and to coordinate with other state agencies and local governments which are concerned with the forest environment.
(4) The board may adopt and enforce rules addressing scenic considerations only in accordance with ORS 527.755.
(5) The board shall adopt and enforce forest practice rules to reduce the risk of serious bodily injury or death from a rapidly moving landslide only in accordance with ORS 527.710 (10). As used in this subsection, “rapidly moving landslide” has the meaning given in ORS 195.250.
(6) The State of Oregon should provide a stable regulatory environment to encourage investment in private forestlands.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Forestry and Forest Products § 527.630 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-44-forestry-and-forest-products/or-rev-st-sect-527-630/
Was this helpful?