Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 469.585
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
In order to achieve complete compliance with federal law and protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of the State of Oregon, the Legislative Assembly, other statewide officials and state agencies shall use all legal means necessary to:
(1) Suspend the preliminary site selection process for a high-level nuclear waste repository, including the process of site characterization, until there is compliance with the intent of the Nuclear Waste Policy Act; 1
(2) Reverse the Secretary of Energy's decision to postpone indefinitely all site specific work on locating and developing an eastern repository for high-level nuclear waste;
(3) Insist that the United States Department of Energy's site selection process, when resumed, considers all acceptable geologic media and results in safe, scientifically justified and regionally and geographically equitable high-level nuclear waste disposal;
(4) Demand that federal budget actions fully and completely follow the intent of the Nuclear Waste Policy Act;
(5) Continue to pursue alliances with other states and interested parties, particularly with Pacific Northwest Governors, legislatures and other parties, affected by the site selection process and transportation of high-level nuclear waste; and
(6) Ensure that Oregon, because of its close geographic and geologic proximity to the proposed Hanford Nuclear Reservation site, be accorded the same status under federal law as a state in which a high-level nuclear repository is proposed to be located.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 469.585 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-36-public-health-and-safety/or-rev-st-sect-469-585/
Was this helpful?