Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 468A.005
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in ORS chapters 468, 468A and 468B, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Air-cleaning device” means any method, process or equipment which removes, reduces or renders less noxious air contaminants prior to their discharge in the atmosphere.
(2) “Air contaminant” means a dust, fume, gas, mist, odor, smoke, vapor, pollen, soot, carbon, acid or particulate matter or any combination thereof.
(3) “Air contamination” means the presence in the outdoor atmosphere of one or more air contaminants which contribute to a condition of air pollution.
(4) “Air contamination source” means any source at, from, or by reason of which there is emitted into the atmosphere any air contaminant, regardless of who the person may be who owns or operates the building, premises or other property in, at or on which such source is located, or the facility, equipment or other property by which the emission is caused or from which the emission comes.
(5) “Air pollution” means the presence in the outdoor atmosphere of one or more air contaminants, or any combination thereof, in sufficient quantities and of such characteristics and of a duration as are or are likely to be injurious to public welfare, to the health of human, plant or animal life or to property or to interfere unreasonably with enjoyment of life and property throughout such area of the state as shall be affected thereby.
(6) “Area of the state” means any city or county or portion thereof or other geographical area of the state as may be designated by the Environmental Quality Commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 468A.005 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-36-public-health-and-safety/or-rev-st-sect-468a-005/
Was this helpful?