Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 466.610
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Subject to policy direction by the Environmental Quality Commission, the Department of Environmental Quality may:
(1) Conduct and prepare independently or in cooperation with others, studies, investigations, research and programs pertaining to the containment, collection, removal or cleanup of oil and hazardous material.
(2) Advise, consult, participate and cooperate with other agencies of the state, political subdivisions, other states or the federal government, in respect to any proceedings and all matters pertaining to responses, remedial actions or cleanup of oil and hazardous material and financing of cleanup costs, including radioactive waste, materials and substances otherwise subject to ORS chapters 453 and 469.
(3) Employ personnel, including specialists and consultants, purchase materials and supplies and enter into contracts with public and private parties necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 466.605 to 466.680, 466.990 (3) and (4) and 466.995 (2).
(4) Conduct and supervise educational programs about oil and hazardous material, including the preparation and distribution of information regarding the containment, collection, removal or cleanup of oil and hazardous material.
(5) Provide advisory technical consultation and services to units of local government and to state agencies.
(6) Develop and conduct demonstration programs in cooperation with units of local government.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 466.610 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-36-public-health-and-safety/or-rev-st-sect-466-610/
Was this helpful?