The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall develop and administer standards,
plans and procedures for the abatement of asbestos by all agencies in all state-owned,
leased or operated facilities. Standards, plans and procedures include development of:
(1) A survey of all state-owned, leased or operated facilities to identify the presence,
nature and condition of or the absence of asbestos-containing materials in each one.
(2) An establishment of priorities of facilities for abatement in order of the nature
or extent of asbestos exposure they present.
(3) Specifications and standards for acceptable asbestos abatement practices, projects
and materials management.
(4) A checklist to guide and advise agency investigation, planning and implementation
of asbestos abatement.
(5) Standard bid specifications, criteria for awarding bids and contract language
for asbestos related contracts.
(6) A state government emergency response plan to deal with any facilities presenting
extreme and immediate risk.
(7) Employee awareness, training and worker protection plans.
(8) Such other standards, plans and procedures as the department may require for the
safe and economical abatement of asbestos by agencies.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.