(1) If as authorized by ORS 222.520 the governing body of the city elects to cause the withdrawal from a district named
in ORS 222.510 of that part of such district theretofore incorporated in or annexed to the city,
it shall hold a public hearing on the question of such withdrawal. At the hearing, the governing body of the city shall hear objections to the withdrawal
and shall determine whether such withdrawal is for the best interest of the city.
(2) The governing body shall fix a date, time and place for the hearing and cause
notice of the date, time, place and purpose of the hearing to be published once each
week for two successive weeks prior to the date of the hearing in a newspaper of general
circulation in the city, and shall cause notices of the hearing to be posted in four
public places in the city for a like period.
(3) After the hearing, the governing body of the city may by ordinance declare that
the part of the district which was theretofore incorporated as or annexed to the city
is withdrawn from the district.
(4) The ordinance referred to in subsection (3) of this section is subject to referendum.
(5) The city may withdraw from all of such districts at the same time in one proceeding
under this section or may withdraw from each district in separate proceedings at different
(6) The public hearing and ordinance referred to in this section may be the same as
the public hearing and ordinance in ORS 222.120.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.