(1) “Exhibits” means exhibits offered and received or rejected in the trial court.
(2) “Judgment” means a judgment or appealable order, as provided in ORS 19.205.
(3) “Notice of appeal” includes a notice of cross-appeal.
(4) “Record” or “record of the case” means the trial court file and any transcript, narrative statement and exhibits.
(5) “Supersedeas undertaking” means an undertaking on appeal that secures performance of a judgment being appealed
and operates to stay enforcement of the judgment pending appeal.
(6) “Transcript” means the transcript of the court reporter's report as provided in ORS 8.340, 8.350 and 8.360 and any transcript of an audio record prepared under ORS 19.370.
(7) “Trial court file” means all the original papers filed in the trial court whether before or after judgment,
including but not limited to the summons and proof of service thereof, pleadings,
motions, affidavits, depositions, stipulations, orders, jury instructions, the judgment,
the notice of appeal and the undertaking on appeal.
(8) “Undertaking for costs” means an undertaking on appeal that secures payment of costs and disbursements that
may be awarded against an appellant on appeal, and any amounts that may be awarded
to the respondent under the provisions of ORS 19.445.
(9) “Undertaking on appeal” means a promise secured by sureties or by money, bond or any other security described
in ORS 22.020. “Undertaking on appeal” includes undertakings for costs and supersedeas undertakings.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.