The Department of State Lands may use the moneys in the Oregon Removal-Fill Mitigation
Fund for the following purposes:
(1) For the voluntary acquisition of land or interests therein suitable for use in
(2) To pay for specific projects to create, restore, enhance or preserve water resources
of this state for purposes of carrying out the provisions of ORS 196.600 to 196.905. Moneys deposited in the fund for impacts to the waters of this state may be used only
for projects that create, restore, enhance or preserve water resources of this state.
(3) For the implementation of long-term protection measures related to projects that
create, restore, enhance or preserve water resources of this state.
(4) For purchase of credits from approved mitigation banks.
(5) For payment of administrative, research or scientific monitoring expenses of the
department in carrying out the provisions of ORS 196.600 to 196.655.
(6) For the disbursal of funds received under the federal Coastal Zone Management
Act of 1972, as amended (16 U.S.C. 1451 et seq.), for such purposes as specifically stipulated in a grant award.
(7) For the disbursal of funds received under the federal Emergency Wetlands Resources
Act of 1986, P.L. 99-645 1, for the voluntary acquisition of wetlands and interests therein as identified in
the wetlands provisions of the Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.