(1) The fee that a notary public may charge for performing a notarial act may not
exceed $10 per notarial act.
(2) A notary public may charge an additional fee for traveling to perform a notarial
(a) The notary public explains to the person requesting the notarial act that the
fee is in addition to a fee specified in subsection (1) of this section and is in
an amount not determined by law; and
(b) The person requesting the notarial act agrees in advance upon the amount of the
(3) If a notary public charges fees under this section for performing notarial acts,
the notary public shall display, in English, a list of the fees the notary public
(4) A notary public who is employed by a private entity may enter into an agreement
with the entity under which fees collected by the notary public under this section
are collected by and accrue to the entity.
(5) A public body as defined in ORS 174.109 may collect the fees described in this section for notarial acts performed in the
course of employment by notaries public who are employed by the public body.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.