Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) The director of environmental protection, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, shall adopt and may amend or rescind rules having uniform application throughout the state governing scrap tire collection facilities and the inspection of and issuance of registration certificates and licenses for those facilities in order to ensure that the facilities are located, maintained, operated, and closed in a manner that does not create a nuisance, hazard to public health or safety, or fire hazard.
(B) The rules adopted under this section shall prohibit the owner or operator of a scrap tire collection facility from arranging the transportation or delivery to, or receipt of scrap tires by, any facilities or premises other than any of the following:
(1) A scrap tire recovery facility licensed under section 3734.81 of the Revised Code;
(2) A scrap tire monocell or monofill facility licensed under section 3734.81 of the Revised Code;
(3) A scrap tire storage facility licensed under section 3734.81 of the Revised Code;
(4) A solid waste incineration or energy recovery facility subject to regulation under this chapter;
(5) A facility located in this state that will beneficially use the scrap tires collected at the facility;
(6) A scrap tire storage, monocell, monofill, or recovery facility, any other solid waste disposal facility that is authorized to dispose of scrap tires, or a facility that will beneficially use the scrap tires, that is located in another state and is operating in compliance with the laws of that state.
(C) The rules adopted under this section and sections 3734.71, 3734.72, and 3734.73 of the Revised Code shall not concern or relate to personnel policies, salaries, wages, fringe benefits, or other conditions of employment of employees of persons owning or operating scrap tire collection, storage, monocell, monofill, or recovery facilities, respectively.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3734.70 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xxxvii-health-safety-morals/oh-rev-code-sect-3734-70/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.