Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) The director of environmental protection shall, no later than the first day of October each even-numbered year, compile and make available to the extent allowed by rules adopted under division (G) of section 3734.12 of the Revised Code a list of hazardous wastes generated within the state during the preceding calendar year by any person who is not exempt from regulation under this chapter and rules adopted under it. The list shall contain at least:
(1) The name and address of each person generating hazardous waste;
(2) The waste description of each waste generated and the United States environmental protection agency hazardous waste number assigned to each waste under regulations promulgated under the “Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976,” 90 Stat. 2806, 42 U.S.C.A. 6921, as amended; and
(3) The quantity of waste generated during the preceding calendar year.
(B) The director of environmental protection may:
(1) From funds made available by the general assembly, make grants on a fifty per cent matching basis to a municipal corporation or county for the purposes of:
(a) Providing training for local public health and public safety officers in the proper procedures for dealing with emergencies involving hazardous waste facilities in their jurisdictions;
(b) Providing special clothing and equipment needed by local public health and public safety officers for dealing with emergencies involving hazardous waste facilities in their jurisdictions; and
(c) Reviewing materials provided to them by the director relating to applications for a hazardous waste facility installation and operation permit.
(2) From funds made available by the general assembly, make grants to any generator wishing to conduct applied research on technically feasible and environmentally sound alternatives for waste reduction, processing, recycling, fixating, neutralizing, or otherwise treating its own hazardous waste.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3734.121 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xxxvii-health-safety-morals/oh-rev-code-sect-3734-121/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.