Skip to main content

Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3707.39

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The legislative authority of a municipal corporation may empower the board of health of the city or general health district of which the municipal corporation is a part to employ such number of scavengers for the removal of swill, garbage, and offal from the houses, buildings, yards, and lots within the municipal corporation as are necessary.  In such case, the board may make contracts therefor, subject to the approval of the legislative authority and signed by the proper officers thereof, and may regulate the work to be done.  Upon the request of the board, the legislative authority shall lease or purchase suitable lands, the location of which shall be approved by the board, to be used as a solid waste facility as defined in section 3734.01 of the Revised Code for such swill, garbage, and offal and other noxious substances removed from the municipal corporation.

When so required by rules adopted under division (G)(2) of section 343.01 of the Revised Code, the municipal corporation, before constructing, enlarging, or modifying such a facility, shall obtain approval for the facility from the board of county commissioners of the county or board of directors of the joint solid waste management district, or board of trustees of a regional solid waste management authority if such has been formed under section 343.011 of the Revised Code, having jurisdiction for compliance with the initial or amended solid waste management plan of the district approved under section 3734.521, 3734.55, or 3734.56 of the Revised Code.

Cite this article: - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3707.39 - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard