Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) Unless the court otherwise directs, the liquidator shall give or cause to be given notice of the liquidation order as soon as possible to all of the following:
(1) By first class mail and either by telegram or telephone to the superintendent of insurance or equivalent officer of each jurisdiction in which the insurer is doing business;
(2) By first class mail to any guaranty association or foreign guaranty association which is or may become obligated as a result of the liquidation;
(3) By first class mail to all insurance agents of the insurer;
(4) By first class mail to all persons known or reasonably expected to have claims against the insurer including all policyholders, at their last known address as indicated by the records of the insurer;
(5) By publication in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the insurer has its principal place of business and in such other locations as the liquidator considers appropriate.
(B) Notice to potential claimants under division (A) of this section shall require claimants to file with the liquidator their claims together with proper proofs thereof under section 3903.36 of the Revised Code, on or before a date the liquidator shall specify in the notice. The liquidator need not require persons claiming cash surrender values or other investment values in life insurance and annuities to file a claim. All claimants shall keep the liquidator informed of any changes of address.
(C) If notice is given in accordance with this section, the distribution of assets of the insurer under sections 3903.01 to 3903.59 of the Revised Code is conclusive with respect to all claimants, whether or not they received notice.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXIX. Insurance § 3903.22 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xxxix-insurance/oh-rev-code-sect-3903-22/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.