Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) The administrator of workers' compensation shall appoint a service director for each service office who shall have all of the following duties:
(1) Provide each claimant and employer fair, impartial, and equal treatment;
(2) Recommend any needed improvements for changes in staff size and accessibility to service offices;
(3) Recommend to the administrator appropriate action concerning any allegations of misconduct, abuse of authority, or fraud committed in his service office;
(4) Ensure that all current bureau rules and operating procedures are carried out by all employees under his direction;
(5) Assist claimants and employers who contact the service office for information or assistance with respect to claims processing and coverage.
(B) The administrator shall assign to each service office an adequate number of investigators and field auditors.
Service directors shall make investigators available to district hearing officers as needed.
In addition to other duties the administrator may assign to investigators, they shall, at the service directors' direction, investigate alleged instances of persons receiving compensation pursuant to section 4123.58 of the Revised Code and engaging in remunerative employment that is incompatible with the terms of that section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XLI. Labor and Industry § 4121.40 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xli-labor-and-industry/oh-rev-code-sect-4121-40/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.