(A) The superintendent of financial institutions may revoke a license issued under
this chapter if, after notice and an opportunity for hearing in accordance with Chapter
119. of the Revised Code (which hearing shall not be open to the public), the superintendent
finds either of the following:
(1) An officer or director of, or any manager or family member acting in a managerial
capacity for, the licensed family trust company has failed to comply with any provision
of this chapter.
(2) The licensed family trust company, or any person authorized to act on its behalf,
refuses to allow the superintendent or any deputy or examiner appointed by the superintendent
to inspect all books, records, papers, and effects related to the family trust company's
(B) In addition to any other remedy provided under this chapter, the superintendent
may impose a fine of not more than ten thousand dollars upon either of the following:
(1) A person who fails to comply with any provision of this chapter or any rule adopted
(2) A family trust company that is not licensed under this chapter that operates in
any manner that is authorized only for licensed family trust companies.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.