Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) A bank may do any of the following:
(1) Accept deposits made by or on behalf of any minor and open an account however payable in the name of one or more persons, one or more or all of whom are minors, or in the name of another person as trustee for a minor, whether or not the deposit is made or the account is opened by the minor;
(2) Enter into an agreement to rent a safe deposit box to a minor;
(3) Accept the appointment of a minor as agent or deputy on any deposit or safe deposit box by any person, including a minor, maintaining the deposit or safe deposit box.
(B) When a bank enters into a deposit contract or safe deposit box rental agreement with a minor, all of the following apply:
(1) The terms and conditions of the deposit contract or safe deposit box rental agreement are binding on the minor the same as a person of legal age who enters into a deposit contract or rents a safe deposit box.
(2) The relationship between the bank and the minor regarding the deposit contract or safe deposit box rental agreement is in all respects the same as if the minor were a person of legal age.
(3) The bank shall incur no liability for any transaction regarding the deposit or safe deposit box solely because of doing business with a minor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XI. Banks Savings and Loan Associations § 1109.09 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xi-banks-savings-and-loan-associations/oh-rev-code-sect-1109-09/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.