Skip to main content

Ohio Revised Code Title VII. Municipal Corporations § 742.08

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(A) The members of the board of trustees of the Ohio police and fire pension fund shall serve without compensation but shall be reimbursed for their necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties.

An employee member of the board shall suffer no loss or penalty whatsoever because of absence from the employee member's regular employment while engaged in official duties as a member of the board.

(B) The board may secure insurance coverage designed to indemnify board members and employees for their actions or conduct in the performance of official duties, and may pay required premiums for such coverage from the expense fund.

(C) The board shall adopt rules in accordance with section 111.15 of the Revised Code establishing a policy for reimbursement of travel expenses incurred by board members in the performance of their official duties.  As part of any audit performed under Chapter 117. of the Revised Code, an inquiry shall be made into whether board members have complied with these rules.

(D) No board member shall accept payment or reimbursement for travel expenses, other than for meals and other food and beverages provided to the member, from any source other than the expense fund established under section 742.59 of the Revised Code.  Except in the case of an emergency, no out-of-state travel expenses shall be reimbursed unless approved in advance by a majority of the board at a regular board meeting.

Cite this article: - Ohio Revised Code Title VII. Municipal Corporations § 742.08 - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard