Skip to main content

Ohio Revised Code Title LVII. Taxation § 5705.196

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The election provided for in section 5705.194 of the Revised Code shall be held at the regular places for voting in the district, and shall be conducted, canvassed, and certified in the same manner as regular elections in the district for the election of county officers, provided that in any such election in which only part of the electors of a precinct are qualified to vote, the board of elections may assign voters in such part to an adjoining precinct.  Such an assignment may be made to an adjoining precinct in another county with the consent and approval of the board of elections of such other county.  Notice of the election shall be published in one newspaper of general circulation in the district once a week for two consecutive weeks or as provided in section 7.16 of the Revised Code, prior to the election.  If the board of elections operates and maintains a web site, the board of elections shall post notice of the election on its web site for thirty days prior to the election.  Such notice shall state the annual proceeds of the proposed levy, the purpose for which such proceeds are to be used, the number of years during which the levy shall run, and the estimated average additional tax rate expressed in dollars and cents for each one hundred dollars of valuation as well as in mills for each one dollar of valuation, outside the limitation imposed by Section 2 of Article XII, Ohio Constitution, as certified by the county auditor.

Cite this article: - Ohio Revised Code Title LVII. Taxation § 5705.196 - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard