Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) As used in this chapter:
(1) “Armed forces of the United States” means the army, air force, navy, marine corps, coast guard, and any other military service branch that is designated by congress as a part of the armed forces of the United States.
(2) “Domiciliary” means a separate area within the Ohio veterans' home providing domiciliary care.
(3) “Domiciliary care” means providing shelter, food, and necessary medical care on an ambulatory self-care basis to eligible veterans who do not need the nursing services provided in nursing homes.
(4) “Nursing home” has the same meaning as in section 3721.01 of the Revised Code.
(5) “Veteran” has the same meaning as in section 5901.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) There are hereby established the Ohio veterans' homes within the department of veterans services. The department shall maintain and operate state veterans' homes as administered under the state veterans' home programs defined in Title 38 of the United States Code.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title LIX. Veterans Military Affairs § 5907.01 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-lix-veterans-military-affairs/oh-rev-code-sect-5907-01/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.