Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) The department of medicaid shall redetermine a provider's medicaid payment rate for a nursing facility using revised information if any of the following results in a determination that the provider received a higher medicaid payment rate for the nursing facility than the provider was entitled to receive:
(1) The provider properly amends a cost report for the nursing facility under section 5165.107 of the Revised Code;
(2) The department makes a finding based on an audit under section 5165.109 of the Revised Code;
(3) The department makes a finding based on an exception review of resident assessment data conducted under section 5165.193 of the Revised Code after the effective date of the nursing facility's rate for direct care costs that is based on the resident assessment data;
(4) The department makes a finding based on a post-payment review conducted under section 5165.49 of the Revised Code.
(B) The department shall apply the redetermined rate to the periods when the provider received the incorrect rate to determine the amount of the overpayment. The provider shall refund the amount of the overpayment. The department may charge the provider the following amount of interest from the time the overpayment was made:
(1) If the overpayment resulted from costs reported for calendar year 1993, the interest shall be no greater than one and one-half times the current average bank prime rate.
(2) If the overpayment resulted from costs reported for a subsequent calendar year:
(a) The interest shall be no greater than two times the current average bank prime rate if the overpayment was no more than one per cent of the total medicaid payments to the provider for the state fiscal year for which the overpayment was made.
(b) The interest shall be no greater than two and one-half times the current average bank prime rate if the overpayment was more than one per cent of the total medicaid payments to the provider for the state fiscal year for which the overpayment was made.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title LI. Public Welfare § 5165.41 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-li-public-welfare/oh-rev-code-sect-5165-41/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.