Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The commissioner shall appoint agents to act in his behalf with respect to the acceptance of applications and the issuance of licenses and permits prescribed in this article, and he may prescribe the internal procedures to be followed by such agents with respect to such matters.
2. Any application required to be filed under this article shall be in a manner and on a form or forms prescribed by the commissioner. The applicant shall furnish all information required by statute and such other information as the commissioner shall deem appropriate.
3. License record. The commissioner shall keep a record of every license issued which record shall be open to public inspection during reasonable business hours. Neither the commissioner nor his agent shall be required to allow the inspection of an application, or to furnish a copy thereof, or information therefrom, until a license has been issued thereon.
4. The commissioner may promulgate regulations with respect to the administration of the provisions of this article.
5. The commissioner is directed to develop license application and renewal forms which shall solicit a voluntary one dollar donation from persons applying for or renewing a driver's license at the time of such application or renewal. Of monies collected pursuant to this subdivision, the first one hundred fifty thousand dollars shall be retained by the department to offset its initial program costs. Subsequently, five percent of any monies collected pursuant to this subdivision shall be retained by the department for continuing administrative costs. The remainder of such monies collected pursuant to this subdivision shall be deposited in the life pass it on trust fund established pursuant to section ninety-five-d of the state finance law, as added by chapter four hundred fifteen of the laws of two thousand three.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Vehicle and Traffic Law - VAT § 508. Administrative procedures - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/vehicle-and-traffic-law/vat-sect-508/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.