Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. There is hereby established in the custody of the comptroller, a special fund to be known as the “New York state emergency medical services training account”.
2. The account shall consist of all moneys appropriated for its purpose, all moneys transferred to such account pursuant to law and all moneys required by the provisions of this section or any other law to be paid into or credited to such account, including all moneys received by the account or donated to it. Moneys in the account shall be kept separate and shall not be commingled with any other moneys otherwise appropriated or received except as hereby provided.
3. Moneys of the account, when allocated, shall be available to the department of health for the purpose of funding the training of emergency medical services personnel, and funding as shall be provided by appropriation for the state emergency medical services council, regional emergency medical services councils, emergency medical services program agencies or other emergency medical services training programs, in order to carry out the purposes of articles thirty and thirty-A of the public health law.
4. Not less than fifty percent of the monies of the account shall be expended for the direct costs of providing emergency medical services training at the local level. The legislature shall annually appropriate from the remaining available monies, funding for the state emergency medical services council, the regional emergency medical services councils, the emergency medical services program agencies and the department of health in order to carry out the purposes of articles thirty and thirty-A of the public health law. At the end of any fiscal year, any funds not encumbered for these purposes shall be reallocated for the costs of training advanced life support personnel.
5. Nothing contained herein shall prevent the commissioner of health or the comptroller from receiving grants, gifts or bequests for the purposes of the fund as defined in this section and depositing them into the account according to law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, State Finance Law - STF § 97-q. New York state emergency medical services training account - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/state-finance-law/stf-sect-97-q/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.